Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo 2014!



Anyone else participating in Camp NaNoWriMo this July, besides me?

All I know is that November is always a bad month for me because I'm too busy and stressed out due to the holidays, and my creative flow is usually completely nonexistent at the very end of the year each year. July is much better for me for the lack of family holiday stress and a better creative flow!

Camp NaNoWriMo is actually more lenient than the annual event held every November, in that you can set your word count goal as low as 10,000 or as high as 1,000,000 words. All you're trying to do is meet whatever word count you want to meet, instead of the 50,000 words you have to meet in order to win in November. More reasons for me to like this July event better. It will be running between July 1st through July 31st, so it starts exactly a week from today!

If anyone is participating and you'd like to "friend" me on the website, feel free to click here and add me. If you want me to "friend" you, then let me know how to get to your profile page so I can add you to my friends.

Hope to see you there!


14 comments:

  1. Busy editing, so no writing now. I participated in BuNo a couple years ago, which is in June, and it is easier during the summer months than in November. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alex: Yeah, I know you're editing right now. Thanks for the good luck!

      Delete
  2. I've been considering joining Camp NaNo, so I can get back into writing more regularly, but I think I'll skip it this year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cherie: Ah... That's too bad. Thanks, though!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you've signed up to do this! Hopefully it's the push you need to get back into writing. Good luck. I haven't been thinking about doing this as I'm nowhere near ready in terms of plotting my next book but now you've got me all excited and wanting to join in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lan: I think I'm ready to do a NaNoWriMo because the November one is just never a good time for me. Hopefully, it'll go over well. Join in if you have something new to write! It'll be fun to do it together!

      Delete
  4. Hmm. I was about to say no, I'm not doing it, but now ... Well, I've got a novel that needs to be finished, so maybe I should! Maybe Camp NaNo, which I totally forgot about, will actually be very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I signed up. Here's me! http://campnanowrimo.org/campers/author-rachel-morgan

      Delete
    2. @Rachel: That's great! Glad to see you've decided to sign up! Let's get some writing done. ;)

      Delete
  5. It amazes me that NaNo has branched out into so many different versions and times throughout the year. Whoever thought it up must be proud. Wishing you good luck and NaNo Camp success!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lexa: Yeah, that is a great thing, isn't it? Thanks and have a great week! ;)

      Delete
  6. Hmmm.... Set your own word count, you say? Maybe that's something I can do this year. I tried the regular NaNo two years ago, but I'm such a slow writer, I hit a wall at about 30K and couldn't finsh. I knew that 90% of what I was writing would be thrown away, so I figured I'd get more accomplished if I just wrote at my normal pace.

    But I am writing a first draft right now, so maybe this will help keep me motivated. Thanks for reminding us about it. If I do sign up, I'll be sure to friend you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ken: Thanks, Ken! Let me have a link to your account so I can get you into my cabin, if you do decide to join Camp NaNo! They don't seem to have a "friend" system, like regular November NaNo.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think about this post! Leave me a comment. Thanks so much!

IWSG: The I-Have-Returned Edition... (#37)

The Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG) is a monthly support system for blogging writers in need of finding other writers to co...