Friday, September 28, 2012

Week In Review (#3)

WEEK IN REVIEW


Time for another "Week in Review" post and I have happier things to report this week compared to last week.


Past Writing 

I decided to raise my word count last week from 3,600 to 4,200 because I wanted to add back in the 600 words I didn't write from the previous week. It was tiring, but I made my word count of 4,200 and my WIP's total word count now stands at 14,300 words. I'm excited I made it! Last week was so quiet and peaceful compared to the week before, which made focusing on writing ten times easier. Distractions, please keep away!

Past Reading

I didn't read any regular novels last week because I usually have to take a break from the grind every four or five months. As much as I love to read, too much of a good thing without any breaks isn't so great. I've enjoyed ignoring the books on my shelves, even if they've been looking at me like this lately, O__O, trying to figure me out.

I did, however, read a new book on the craft last week that I bought on my Kindle for only $4.99 called The Emotion Thesaurus by Becca Puglisi and Angela Ackerman. You guys! This book is so amazing. It's self-published by the ladies who run The Bookshelf Muse blog for writing tips and such. It has a long list of different types of emotions that we all feel and descriptions on all the physical and internal symptoms for each, giving you so much more to write with. You just look up whatever emotion you want and there's the list. It's a must-have reference for writers!

This Week

Since my goal is to finish this novella by October 20th (about a month from now), I really don't have to kill myself to write it every week in order to meet this deadline. I'm going to plan on writing 3,000 words per week until it's done, so my goal for this week is to write another 3,000 words of Pink Knight. I'm still very happy with how the story is progressing and surprised I don't feel like I have no space for all the things I want to do with the story. I feel almost like I have too much room, instead.

I'll be back to reading again, as usual, and I'll finally be getting to Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel, the second book in The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein series. It's a cool historical gothic YA title with alchemy and mad scientists, or at least, a budding mad scientist who will, eventually, create that infamous monster we all know and love. 


That's it for me this week. Thanks for reading and cheering me on! I hope you all reach your writing goals this week, too, or whatever types of goals they may be.

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know Such Wicked Intent was already out. Shows how well I'm keeping up with all things bookish. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well with Pink Knight. That's great! I'd love to read it once you're done even though you think you won't publish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lan: Yeah, that book has been out since August, so don't feel too out of it. No big deal.

      I'd love for you to read Pink Knight! I probably will publish it now because it's turning out so good. Plus, I could let you decide if it's even worthy of publication.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you're making great progress on PINK KNIGHT!

    And that book series sounds like fun. I haven't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cherie: Thanks! Yeah, The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein is SO good! If you like great writing and storytelling, you'll love it.

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning up to pick up The Emotion Thesaurus, thanks for the reminder! I've been following their blog forever. That's such a great little resource.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @J.W.: Glad I reminded you! Definitely go get that book. It's awesome. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on making your word count!!! Good luck on finishing your novella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alison: Thanks so much! I need all the luck I can get. :)

      Delete

I would love to know what you think about this post! Leave me a comment. Thanks so much!

IWSG: The I-Have-Returned Edition... (#37)

The Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG) is a monthly support system for blogging writers in need of finding other writers to co...