Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week in Review (#2)

WEEK IN REVIEW


It's been a week since I blogged and the last time was my most recent "Week in Review" post. This week I'll report on how things went last week concerning my word count goal on my novella WIP and other tidbits. 

Past Writing

I set a goal for myself last week to write 3,600 words every week in my YA fantasy novella, Pink Knight. Well, this week proved to be more troublesome and distracting in my real life than I expected, so I didn't quite make my word count. I hate to make excuses, but last week was a seriously BAD week, worse than usual. Still, I did write 3,000 words, making the length now at 10,100 words, so not too far below my goal. I'm happy enough with that, all things considered. Hopefully, I'll have a quieter week, adversity-wise, and be able to make my weekly word count goal.

  Past Reading

I read Camille Picott's Sulan and a children's book suggested by her called The Paper Bag Princess. Sulan is a cool cyberpunk dystopian novel that actually reads like something other than The Hunger Games! And, The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch was funny and cute. I wonder I never knew about the book when I was a kid, since it was published way back in 1980 (when I was 4). I bought it on my Kindle for $1.89, so go get it if you want to read it. Super cheap! 

I also bought Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and Partials by Dan Wells. Both are YA dystopia and were on sale in the Kindle store for only $2.99 each. Partials still is. Check them out if you want to save on these titles. They are also the same price for now at Barnes & Noble's website. Also, I finally got my UK edition of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, a YA fantasy title, which I'm super excited to read. Took weeks for it to get here because the post office is really slow right now. Same for my Bleach manga volume. At least they're safe with me now.

This Week

I plan to write at least 3,600 this week of Pink Knight, but I'd really like to exceed that. I'm not going to be reading any novels this week because I need a break, so I hope to have more time and energy for writing, as a result. My novella is coming along and I'm super happy with how the story is unfolding. It's turning into a story I'd definitely read if it were written by somebody else, that's for sure.


That's what my week was all about. How was yours? What are you planning for the upcoming week with your writing, or reading? 

   

6 comments:

  1. You're doing really well on all your writing goals despite not meeting your target! 3000 words a week is great. I haven't been reading or writing much but I've heard really great things about Throne of Glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lan: Thanks, Lan! I hope you're doing okay these days. I miss hearing from you! I've been reading the Throne of Glass novellas and they're really good. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they work for me.

      I hope you return to blogging and emailing soon...;)

      Delete
  2. Good job with your goals! I plan to read this week. Life isn't too great right now, and I feel the need to immerse myself in someone else's world for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dana: Thanks so much! I appreciate your support. I hope life gets better for you very soon. You deserve it! Enjoy whatever book you'll be reading. ;)

      Delete
  3. Sorry you didn't meet your word goal. Still, 3000 is 3000 more than I wrote :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alison: Thanks. You have a good point! It was still a productive week, after all.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think about this post! Leave me a comment. Thanks so much!

IWSG: The I-Have-Returned Edition... (#37)

The Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG) is a monthly support system for blogging writers in need of finding other writers to co...