Wednesday, December 2, 2015

IWSG: The Goal Achieving Edition (#20)


Insecure Writers' Support Group (IWSG) is a really awesome meme that you should be doing along with the rest of us writers. Unless you truly are happy with your writing and don't feel the need to vent about your insecurities because they don't exist for you. But, really.... Don't they?  
IWSG is hosted by Captain Ninja Alex at his blog, Alex J. Cavanaugh.


That's right. I made a New Year's Resolution back in January and I just reached it! I set out to write 93,500 words of fiction for the year and reached 93,692 just last Saturday. I know it's not a lot of written words for the average writer who probably writes twice that in any given year, but it is a lot for me.

It honestly wasn't that hard to achieve, which is why I set it. I knew if I just wrote a few hundred words a day, I would make it, so that's what I did. I couldn't write every single solitary day, but most of the time I wrote more than just a few hundred words, so skipping some days was easy to do.

I also am finally writing a new original story that doesn't make me lose sleep at night. I find most of my manuscripts give me insomnia and make my life miserable for some reason, but my current work-in-progress is not provoking anxiety in me. All I can say is "YAY!" to that because this has been a problem for over a year now. I'm just so thrilled to be writing something I don't have to freak out over and can hope to actually finish and publish. (God-willing, right?)

It's nice to have some writing victories for a change! Onwards to 2016 and that '1 million words' lifetime word count! Are any of you finally conquering some of your writing demons for a change?

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on meeting your writing goal for the year! It's an amazing feeling when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @L.G.: Thanks so much! It does feel pretty amazing after a long year. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats again! I knew you could do it! And now onwards and upwards towards 2016 with a new and exciting novel idea that seems to be working for you. I can sense 2016 will be your year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lan: Thanks, Lan! I hope my new novel idea becomes an actual published novel next year. With your support, I'm sure it will be much more likely. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Hey, that's more words than I write a year, believe me.
    And glad your manuscript isn't haunting your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alex: Thanks! It's a lot of words for me, anyway. My current WIP is actually agreeing with me. It's a miracle!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Meeting any sort of goal is a great achievement. And nice to hear you seem to be in a better place with your current WIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Nick: Thanks very much. I am in a good place with my current, WIP and it's really great. :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! That's fantastic you've met your word count goal as well as are doing well with your current WIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cherie: Thank you! I'm excited for both, too. :D

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Stephanie: That's great to hear! Glad I was able to give you hope for your own aspirations.

      This is the link to the IWSG Blog Hop: http://www.alexjcavanaugh.com/p/the-insecure-writers-support-group.html

      Delete
  7. Big congrats on the 93k!!! I know some writers do more, but I think it's great! (I only wrote about 70k this year, but finished my WIP and judge that a success.) Yay for not having any more anxiety! I think you'll do great with the new story and more awesome writing in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lexa: Thanks so much! Yeah, I would feel even better if I had finished a WIP this year, definitely! But, there's next year for that.

      Delete
  8. I don't know--I'd say 93,000 is more than most writers write in a year--including published authors. That's a big accomplishment. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Stephanie: Thanks so much! And thanks for stopping by. ;)

      Delete
  9. I love this. I love reading positive posts and hearing about people reaching their goals. This is awesome and it makes me want to set my own goals. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elise: Thanks, I will! Hope you achieve your own goals, too. ;)

      Delete
  10. That is awesome! Such a great feeling to set a goal and then achieve it. I like the idea that writing at least a few hundred pages a day has such a large impact. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jess: Thanks so much. A few hundred words a day really does add up after one year! ;)

      Delete
  11. Forgive the extra comment on an old post but I had to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a joyous Holiday Season!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lexa: No problem at all. Thank you so much for the well-wishing! :D

      Delete

I would love to know what you think about this post! Leave me a comment. Thanks so much!

IWSG: The I-Have-Returned Edition... (#37)

The Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG) is a monthly support system for blogging writers in need of finding other writers to co...