Thursday, May 16, 2013

Matching Music

Today's post is just something to post in the interim of waiting for the next IWSG post for June. I'm starting to like that meme......

Since I struggle for what to blog about I figured I'd post videos of songs that I like to associate with my current work in progress, which I'm calling Rise of Iron. It's an apocalyptic (NOT post-apocalyptic) Young Adult sci-fi with a fantasy-ish element to it.

It takes place in Los Angeles, California in the heart of the city. I don't normally like urban areas, but L.A. has always been special to me for some reason (it's the nearest one to me). Big cities are so full of people, they tend to take on a life all their own, don't they? The streaming cars on the highways can be likened to the blood coursing through our veins, keeping us alive. It's like big cities are very large, living organisms, so my story takes this a bit literally. *wink*

Anyway, here are some tunes I like to listen to as I write it! 


 





    




12 comments:

  1. :) Sometimes IWSG does seem far away. Like your music line up. I'm sure it makes for great writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @T. Drecker: I have trouble coming up with blog content, but I already know what I want to do for the next IWSG. I just don't want to have nothing until then. *shrugs*

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately I'm at work and can't listen to the songs, but it can be fun to find music that inspires your story. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cherie: I think it helps set my mood to listen to certain songs and can even help with writing certain scenes.

      Delete
  3. How To Train Your Dragon - cute choice.
    Glad you enjoy the IWSG so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like listening to music when I write too, but usually with my headphones. And HTTYD is one of my all time favorite movies! It has a great soundtrack too. I'll have to listen to the others when I get back home. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elise: Great idea! Yeah, the HTTYD soundtrack is so awesome. I adore that movie. :)

      Delete
  5. Your current work in progress sounds pretty cool :) I like to listen to movie scores and instrumental stuff while writing, but anything with words in it is a little distracting to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rachel: Thanks! I think you're right that music with words can be distracting. I have the tendency to listen to a song just before I write if there are lyrics. Sometimes the song is perfect and it just has words. Can't do much about that.

      Delete
  6. I think your premise sounds totally cool! I love when an author can add depth to their book through symbolism and surrealism (which your city=organism seems to imply). Good luck! And try to post more often. I like hearing from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lexa: Thanks! I didn't even reveal the total premise, but I'm glad you like what I've divulged so far. ;)

      I would love to post more often. I just never have much to say on my blog. I'll try harder. Thank you!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think about this post! Leave me a comment. Thanks so much!

IWSG: The I-Have-Returned Edition... (#37)

The Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG) is a monthly support system for blogging writers in need of finding other writers to co...