Wednesday, March 7, 2018

IWSG: The I'm-Kinda-Boring Edition... (#34)

The Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG) is a monthly support system for blogging writers in need of finding other writers to connect with and share our deepest insecurities in a safe environment. Created by the clever Alex J. Cavanaugh with the expressed purpose to "share and encourage."

This month's optional question is: How do you celebrate when you achieve a writing goal / finish a story?

I don't do any celebrating when I finish a story or achieve a writing goal, although I don't finish my stories often, so that could be why. I suppose it never occurs to me to do anything. Just achieving the goal is reward enough!

I'm not very creative about stuff like this because I get so focused on just trying to get to the finish line. I suppose I'll go around and see what other authors are saying they do to celebrate because I've got nothing. Outta juice!

What should I be doing to reward myself for achieving a writing goal? Any suggestions? Maybe I'll be inspired by other people's ideas. Leave them in the comments.... ;)
 

19 comments:

  1. I'm pretty boring about celebrating too. Maybe have some chocolate, read, see a movie, or go out to dinner sounds like fun celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do all those things regularly, anyway. It's okay if I just finish if there's no good ideas for celebrating.

      Delete
  2. I don't do anything big. Just chilling with a movie is good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's great! I don't even do that, but that's a good idea. I might need to do what I don't normally do, though.

      Delete
  3. Just taking a well-deserved break from writing is good enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's what I want to hear! I think, perhaps, a good reward would be to take a few weeks off from writing and get a bunch of reading done.

      Delete
  4. I’m crappy at celebrating too. Just finishing is indeed reward enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do anything either, but I've picked up some ideas, mostly including food. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for food rewards, too! But, they need to be food I don't normally or so easily eat. I'd have to get creative.

      Delete
  6. Someone on this blog hop (sorry, don't recall who) suggested a writing-related treat--say, a new pen or journal or stack of Post-Its. I like that idea--fewer calories than my usual treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad idea! More low-calorie treats would be better for my waistline, that's for sure.

      Delete
  7. Finishing can be very rewarding! I always feel exhausted when I finish and it is usually very late at night. So I usually just smile and plan to celebrate at a later date. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable. I probably do that, and then think about the next thing that needs accomplishing.

      Delete
  8. Take a break. Stretch, relax, take a walk, phone a friend. And, if it's a bigger goal, dinner out is always nice.
    Write on!
    Mary at Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm amazed that most of us don't appear to celebrate when we finish/accomplish a goal! It makes me a bit sad now that I think about it because what we do is pretty amazing!

    Someone in a FB group I'm in mentioned that she commissions art work of her characters from DeviantArt when she finishes a book. I want to do something like this as well but it's going to cost a fair bit of money. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very cool reward! But, yeah, you'd have to do it when you have to money to spend on art commissions. That is a goal in and of itself, lol.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think about this post! Leave me a comment. Thanks so much!

IWSG: The I-Have-Returned Edition... (#37)

The Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG) is a monthly support system for blogging writers in need of finding other writers to co...